Thursday 29 December 2011

Did I miss Christmas?

Hello all, it seems like ages since I was on my blog! Things had just gone from mad to crazy in the space of a few days.  I had some very sad news just before Christmas that my grandmother was in hospital, she passed away a few days later... So it was up to North Wales the following week for the funeral. Although it was a very sad day it was so nice to see the family again and to catch up.  Since the funeral I haven't really had the time or the mojo to get any crafting done.  
But now I'm in full swing and planning a whole day in my crafting shack (I think its in need of a clean and tidy up before any crafting can be done..lol)
Here are a few cards that I made for SCSC that I didn't get to post..   

This card was made for a lady at work those Aunt and Uncle reached their 60th Wedding Anniversary.  She wanted something a bit more special and this is what I came up with.  I decorated the inside of the card and included a few little tags for their own personal message.  I made and decorated a box to match.  The card even rocks!! 


This card was for a very dear friend and is one of my first tries at a kicker style card.  I had a lot of fun making this card and really hope she liked it.

I love these two colours together and this magnolia stamp is also one of my favourites.


Well that's if for me today, I have to go and get myself sorted out and back into a routine.. I will be around to visit all your blogs shortly.  
Photobucket

16 comments:

mags said...

Superb card. Lovely image, ideal for the wedding anniversary. Love all the little details, colours and embellishments. Simply beautiful.
Mags
x

Debbie said...

Oh Tamara, I am so so sorry for your lose especially at this time of year, my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Your card is beautiful and so is your new blog design.

Hugs
Debbie

Catherine said...

These are beautiful, sorry to hear about your grandmother....

cheryl said...

so sorry to hear about your grandmother hunny,as for your card its just as stunning as always hugs cherylxxxxx

Irene said...

So sorry to read about your Grandmother Tamara, especially this time of your it is extra hard to let go.
Your creations are stunning, the couple will be over the moon with something so lovely and I dont have a clue what a kicker style is but Í like it a lot!!!

Hug, Irene

CraftinGranny said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Tamara. It's never easy to lose a loved one but even more traumatic during the holidays. Sending you and yours big hugs and prayers in your loss.

These are amazing cards and projects, so beautifully created with lots of love and details. I'm sure they were elated to receive them.

A very Happy New Year to you sweetie. "Hugs"
ps. Love the candy and your card is gorgeous. Thanks so much!

Claire said...

Beautiful cards hun. Hugs, Claire x

marion said...

Lovely card Tamara ! And I want to wish you all the best for 2012 !! Hugs, Marion

Annette said...

Sorry about your loss, hun! My thoughts were with you. I hope your mojo is on it's way back, you are missed!
As always stunning cards and a lovley box. Love it!
Wish you a Happy New Year!
Hugs Annette

Nina said...

My condolances for your grandmother.

Love your cards - and the box to go with the first one

Wish you the best for 2012 (and a lot of mojo....)

:-) Nina

Sally said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love your cards

Heidi said...

Dear Tamara, I sorry to hear about your grandmother. You are in my thoughts.

Your card is absolutely stunning! Lovely details.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Hugs, Heidi:)

Lisa Jane said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandmother.. hope you are ok
The card and box is absolutely gorgeous - a real keepsake
Lisa x

Mary J said...

Sorry for your loss Tamara {hugs}

Gorgeous makes - so very beautiful as usual!

A very happy New Year to you honey!

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Tamara,
I am so very sorry to hear about your grandmother, I do hope you're OK.
This is beautiful Tamara a real heirloom. All the best to you, Big Hugs, Teresa xx

Lynne said...

I loved it! Thank you sooo much it was a lovely surprise and made my day. Love and hugs Lynne xox

Follow, Subscribe and Like