Monday 27 February 2012

Dare to Dream - Cheery Lynn - Lots of Layers

Hi everyone, hope you are having a great start to the day.  I'm at work again today but good news I only have one more day after today and then I have two days off so looking forward to that. 

Today I want to show you a wall hanging that I made using Cheery Lynn Dies.  I just love these dies to pieces and really couldn't live without them. They are just so versatile and can be used for soooo many different projects! 
I have over loaded on photos again as this project was just so hard to photography I didn't want to miss showing all the details.. 
Ok so let me start at the very beginning, its a very good place to start.. (sorry breaking out into song) :o)
The base of the wall hanging I used Cherry Lynn XL 2 Square Scalloped nesting stackers - the largest die. 

All the connectors have been made out of grunge board then distressed in Dusty corduroy distress inks I cut the shape out using Cheery Lynn XL 10 Coved rectangles - the very smallest die.  I folded the top ones over to create a tab like effect then threaded a wooden dowel through.  
I'm so pleased with the colours of my project.  I don't use purple, cream and brown together very often and now I wonder why as it goes so well with the vintage/ shabby chic style.  Will definitely be using more of this colour scheme!! Loving that plum coloured velvet ribbon teamed up with a pearl ribbon slider really stands out on the natural raffia ribbon.  Sadly I only have about a meter left of this natural raffia as they have discontinued this colour choice.  

More of the coved rectangles peeking out of the background I have distressed and then used Rock Candy crackle paint to add a glossy coating. The Sentiment has also been die cut from the smallest coved rectangle die but this time distressed in walnut satin DI's I thought this make the grunge board look like leather.  The sentiment is one from Lilli of the Valley and stamped using Shades dye ink - Brownie.  This ink is exclusive to Sweet Stamps all the colours co-ordinate perfectly with the cordinations card stock so you can't go wrong..
Other Cheery Lynn dies I have used on the above 
DL102 French Pastry Doily Die 
D130 - Butterfly Dimensional Dies 
B117 - Fanciful Flourish 


Below is a close up of the little tab I made using the grunge board, and Coved rectangle stackers 


....... XOXO ......

This is the middle plate I have used a Lilli of the Valley image and another of they sentiments which I again have stamped onto grunge board, die cut using the smallest coved rectangle from the XL nesting stackers and Distressed using dusty corduroy DI. 

The image has been stamped onto one of the XL square scalloped stackers, inked around the edges using Antique Linen DI's and coloured with copics.  For another added layer I used
 DL153 - Polynesian Sails Doily Die 
More of the D130 - dimensional butterflies 
and again the largest scalloped square for the base.  On some of the corners I used a little flower soft too.  I have left the mulberry flowers plain and not inked these ones as I wanted to achieve a more crisp look.  The butterflies have been given the once over with Caramel Creative Inspirations Paint to get that wonderful shimmer. 


This is the last and final plate, bear with me I've nearly finished. lol..  If I had to pick one of the plates this one has to be my favourite.  Everything seemed to come together. Although I have just noticed the butterfly charm is caught on one of the flowers, how annoying! 

The Cheery Lynn dies I have used on this plate are 
DL106 - Heart to Heart Doily's these are fabulous dies as you get two different die cuts out of one die (The die with all the hearts cut out and a smaller whole heart) such a brilliant idea. 
More of the dimensional butterflies these ones have to cut out of kraft cardstock, painted with white acrylic then inked over with Winter Frost Creative Inspirations Paint and a pearl for the centres. (Close up of butterflies below).  The flowers have also been splashed with Winter frost too!

Tilda has been 3D'd for more dimension and stamped onto XL Circle Nesting Stackers then layered onto an  XL Scalloped Circle also from Cheery Lynn. 


and finally a compilation for you.. 
Wow what a mammoth post that was.. hope I haven't lost you somewhere up the top.. ;o) 

I shop for my Cheery Lynn Dies at 

A List of all supplies used
Cheery Lynn Dies 
XL 10 Coved rectangles
DL102 French Pastry Doily Die 
D130 - Butterfly Dimensional Dies 
B117 - Fanciful Flourish 
 DL153 - Polynesian Sails Doily Die 
XL4 - Circle Nesting Stackers
XL5 - Scalloped Circle Nesting Stackers 
DL106 - Heart to Heart Doily's

Other crafting items 
Magnolia, Stempelgede & LOTV Stamps - Images, sentiments & grunge postcard, Magnolia design paper & Prima Sweet Fairy,  Creative Inspirations Paint - Winter Frost & Carmel , Pearls, Ribbon, Mulberry & Fabric Flowers, Lace, Raffia Lace, Cotton Scrim, Martha Stewart Punches (Butterflies & Board hearts punch), Kraft Card, Distressing Inks (Dusty Corduroy, Antique Linen & Walnut Satin, Shades Inks - Brownie, Sliver Charm, Home made Pin, Pearl brads and Tim Holtz Grunge Board. 

Challenges I would like to enter 
Cheery Lynn - Lots of Layers
Allsorts - Free and Easy
Our Creative Corner - Over the edge
Just Magnolia - Add a Doily
Move along with the times - Lots of layers 
Photobucket

30 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Tamara again this is just spectacular!!!! Love your designs!!!! This is absolutely stunning!!!!!

Doreen said...

This is stunning Tamara,your attention to detain is second to none.I love this.xxx

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow wee! This is beautiful!!!!!!!!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Wow Tamara. So much work and fabulous detail in this creation. Lovely colours and images too.
Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

shulsart said...

Tamara, this is just precious, what a wonderful mix of dies and embellishments and images. A fabulous keepsake. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Dawnll said...

Wow your details are amazing-you have done a great job with this challenge
Good Luck you have done a wonderful project

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Tamara, this is just stunning, it must have taken you ages...and so worth it, as it looks truly beautiful. I love those dies and the way you've arranged them, very inspirational, Hugs, Teresa x

Sue B said...

Wow! this is So beautiful Tamara! what sweet images you have used and you've coloured them all so beautifully!! Gorgeous papers and embellishments. I love all the textures and so many wonderful details! It's a really stunning creation! Wonderful photos!!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

sue said...

this is beautiful and i love the colours, i hope you are well x sue x

Claire said...

WOW, WOW, WOW Tamara, this is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous papers, elements and images - love it. Hugs, Claire x

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Your wall hanging is absolutely beautiful ! I love the colors. What a great use of so many dies. Good luck and than you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Dsigns.

Irene said...

Don't you worry about losing us, I scrolled back and forth and read it all and ADMIRE you Tamara!! These dies are indeed gorgeous (do you already know Memory Box??) but they are stunning in the way you combined them with everything else, cannot find proper words tp tell you how beautiful I think it is!!

Hugs, Irene

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow its stunning.. i just love the colours and the layers
Lisa x

marion said...

OMG, stunning, cann't think of anything else to write, blown away by this. Hugs, Marion

mags said...

Wow Tamara. This is simply stunning. So much detail. Just love it.
Mags
x

mags said...

Wow Tamara. This is simply stunning. So much detail. Just love it.
Mags
x

Celeste Glover said...

You have been one very busy lady! Love your creation and thanks for taking part in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

febe said...

Fabulous creations. Love the details, image and soft colors. Awesome!

stretch mark creams that really work

Christine L said...

Oh wowwwww Tamara.... that really is a super special project and deserved all the photos you posted!! It's STUNNING and I love it!!

Hugs
Christine x

DesignerDiva said...

OMG I've been meaning to get over and follow you for ages and did I pick the right day!! This is just stunning! It has all my favourite things and fantastic colouring!
while I'm here....
Thanks for joining in with Sandra's lots of layers at MAWTT and Good Luck Hugs Laurie x

Annette said...

WOW, Tamara! What can I say... breathtaking!
Annette xx

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... this card is just stunning, i love the layers and dimension, the images are coloured beautifully and your attention to detailing is superb!
Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

Pami said...

Wow Tamara, this is a stunning piece of work! I just love everything about it! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Suzan L said...

Hi Tamara, your wall hanging is just gorgeous!! I love all three panels. You have put so may wonderful elements in each one! Thank you for joining the Just Magnolia and hAnglar and stAnglar Challenge this week. I hope you join us again soon! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Suzan

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow...this is really lovely and gorgeous! Love all the details and how you color the images. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner this week.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! This is just incredible! Stunning stunning piece of artwork! Definite keepsake for life!
Nat -x-

Jodi said...

Wow!!!!! This is AMAZING!!!! Good Luck that thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Sharon Wheet said...

WOW! what a stunning project! You did a fabulous job combining brown, purple, and cream together!
All the butterflies and flowers, and pearls and swirls! very pretty and very feminine!
just stunning work! thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

Creative Inspirations said...

Tamara, thank you for sharing this with us. Very stunning!

Dana Tatar said...

Wow! I'm loving all the pretty layers of papers and embellishments. Fabulous work. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Creative Inspirations Paint! =)

Follow, Subscribe and Like